Double-tap on the layer's name cell, to open the layer menu.
Actions in layer menu:
- Properties: Edit layer name and opacity
- New Layer: Create new layer above the context layer
- New Group: Create new group, and make the context layer as child
- Delete Layer: Delete the context layer, but not the last one
- Duplicate: Duplicate the context layer
- Merge Down: Merge the content into one layer of the context layer and the one bellow
- Merge Visible: Merge the content into one layer of all the visible layers
- Tag: Set a colour tag for the context layer
- Merge Group: Merge all layers of a group into one layer
- Staticize: Make all cells inherit
- Unstaticize: Make all cells NOT inherit
- Clipping Mask: Set this layer as clipping mask
Some menu entries are invisible when unavailable.
- Set layer name
- Set layer opacity
- Set layer blend mode
Long press on layer header, hold and drag up or down to the target position.
- Zip into new group: When drag one layer on another layer, a new group will created, containing these two layers
Click the top eye to toggle all layers' visibility
Click the eye of layer toggle that layer's visibility
When a group is invisible, layers in that group are hidden
Long press on layer's eye to show that layer only, hide others (Long press again to revert. )
Drag on the top cell's handle.
You can use blend mode on the group layer too.
A blending mode is an effect you can add to a layer to change how the colors blend with colors on lower layers. You can change the look of your illustration simply by changing the blending modes.
Control the visibility of a layer based on the content of another.
When you turn on a Clipping Mask, it clips your active layer to the layer underneath it.
You can use clipping mask on the group layer too.
You can check photoshop's documentation (opens in a new tab) to learn more about clipping mask.
The clipping mask, opacity and blend mode of layer will lose after merging layers.